Installing a second throttle body (dual TB setup), is actually relatively easy. But since my car has a Kenne bell twinscrew supercharger kit, with a laminova water to air intercooler, it did not fit directly...
Therefor i had to buy a new intercooler + piping.
So normally you only need the following extra parts:
- second Throttle body
- second throttle cable
- Dual throttle body kit (click here)
- BOV ( Blow-off Valve ) The HKS SSQV 3 i bought of ebay is fake, but it seems to work fine on my 12PSI setup.
But i needed the following extra (ordered at www.frozenboost.com):
- Water to Air Intercooler - 14.5"x5"x4.5", Long Flow (Type 19)
- Water to Air Intercooler Installation Kit (350/600HP)
- 2.5" Silicone 90° Elbow, Blue
- Stainless Steel Joiner, 2.5"
- 2.5" Silicone 2' Straight Hose, Blue
- Silicone Reducer, 3.0" to 2.5" - Blue
- T-Bolt Clamp for 2.5" Silicone Parts
- T-Bolt Clamp for 3.0" Silicone Parts
Ok so to start of, you should fit the dual throttle kit on to the throttle body that will go on the stock place.
i found some good write-up's on that, and put them in a PDF document which can be found at the bottom of this article, or here
Once that is on, we need to move the radiator one hole back, and move the cooling fan van the drivers side to the passenger side. Since there are no holes on the bottom of the radiator for the cooling fan, i made my own and used Tie wraps... (see pictures below)
install the second TB and then place the second throttle cable as shown in the pictures below:
Now it is time to place the water to air intercooler from froozenboost.com, and all the piping plus the BOV.
this is just test fitting, and making every thing fit properly. Here are some pictures of my setup:
Now for fine tuning:
Start by closing idle screw completely. Then hold pre charger throttle fully open and adjust idle at post charger screw until rock steady where you want it.
Then close pre charger fully (make sure idle screw is fully closed on this tb). adjust the grub screw stop in the pre charger tb until charger becomes just audible (read bearable).
Then adjust throttle cables to take up slack, but not to have any hold on either throttles when off the throttle.
Go for a drive, and repeat above until 100% happy.
Also after driving a few days, recheck the throttle cable, just to make sure it is still on the right tension.